February 5, 2013
- Manager, Community Affairs, TD Ameritrade
As the lead for TD Ameritrade community affairs efforts, I have the privilege of seeing our associates make a huge impact on the communities in which they live and work every day. But today, at our 2013 National Conference, we rounded out a week of stellar speakers and breakout sessions by giving back to our communities in a big way. Having three community events taking place simultaneously and working side-by-side with associates, advisors and sponsors was incredible. Even Tom Nally was carrying lumber and building fences for Habitat for Humanity.
I can’t tell you how inspired I was by the commitment that so many of our associates, advisors and conference sponsors made this afternoon to our community.
– Built 120 fences for local homes with Habitat for Humanity of San Diego
– Assembled 5,000 Red Cross military comfort kits
– Created 550 Valentine’s cards to send to our troops. Captain Yancy Lindsey of the Navy Region Southwest was here with us, offering his gratitude in person
– We also came together to offer financial services to deserving families in partnership with the Foundation for Financial Planning
– AND, 156 participants completed a 5K in support of all three of these organizations!
Each charity will receive $5,000 — a 5K for $5K!
Better is building stronger communities.
We live this philosophy as a company, and I was so honored and thankful to see so many people helping us make that a reality today.
What a way to end such an awesome week here at the 2013 National Conference!